The Gas Safety Trust has published a report that reveals older boilers pose a greater risk in relation to
Carbon Monoxide Poisoning.
More than 2 out of 3 incidents involved older central heating boilers. The biggest problem related to appliances that
have not been serviced annually or have a service contract. This confirms the fact the Gas Boilers should be serviced
every year to keep them safe and efficient, this can be done at the same time as a Gas Safety Check.
The report also highlights that unregistered installers are still a major problem, and consumers should ensure that
they are who they claim to be , before allowing them to carry out gas work.