the purpose of which is too make the public aware of the need to have their appliances inspected for safety by only
registered engineers who are part of the Gas Safe Scheme.
During this week we discovered various incidents including gas leaks, dangerous appliances with potentially deadly
carbon monoxide leaks, gas cookers without flame safety devices, poorly serviced and maintained boilers and so on.
Most of these problems were either down to illegal installers or lack of servicing and maintenance. These appliances
were turned off and or repaired within the owners consent, thereby saving lives and property from possible explosions
and fire which could have spread to nearby properties.
Gary Leighton speaking on behalf of Maxgas stated that the week had been a great success and looks forward
to continuing to educate the public and landlords as too the importance of using only suitably qualified tradesmen
to work on gas appliances in the home.