A Landlord has been fined £5000 and given a conditional discharge of 2 years.
Dr T. Mahmood failed to service a gas boiler at a flat in Oxford, a gas engineer who had been called to repair the boiler,
refused to work on it and reported it to the Health & Safety Executive. A investigation by the HSE found that the
Landlord had not maintained the boiler or flue for 2 years, exposing the tenants to the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning.
Dr Mahmood was found guilty of breaching Regulations 36 (2) a and 36 (2) b and 36 (3) a of The Gas Safety and Use Regulations 1998.
WE RECOMMEND THAT ALL LANDLORDS ENSURE THAT THEIR BOILERS ARE SERVICED ANNUALLY